Vegetable Rice Paper Wraps
Vegetable Rice Wrap
A simple and creative way to add life to food! Wraps are my all time favorite because they are easy to make and you can put pretty much any fruit and veg you have laying around the home in them. If you are on a raw vegan mission you can substitute the rice noodles for sprouts. If you want something more filling add beans & sweet corn in the combo.
For your wraps you can use rice paper, nori sheets, green leaves (i.e. romaine, cabbage) or quinoa tortillas to blanket an array of veggies, fruits & foods of your choice and the dressing is the perfect companion with this recipe.
- ½ avocado (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cucumber, thinly sliced
- Any green leaf, shredded (spinach, lettuce, kale)
- ½ mango, thinly sliced (or apple)
- ¼ pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup vermicelli (rice) noodles
- 4 tablespoons raw tahini (or roasted)
- 2 teaspoon raw honey or coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon liquid aminos or tamari soya sauce (wheat free)
Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
Bring water to a boil. Once the water starts boiling add your noodles. Allow the noodles to boil for about 3mins. Turn off the heat and let them sit in the water for an extra 2mins, occasionally stir the noodles so that they don’t stick.
If you’re using rice paper, dip the paper in warm water until it’s pliable (about 1 minute), and spread the paper on a flat plate.
Now make your wraps: Lay your desired fillings on one side of your paper starting with the noodles, lettuce, cucumber, avocado, mango, carrot & pepper. Spread one tablespoon of the sauce on top of the ingredients.
Wrap up like a burrito & Enjoy