My 8 Favorite Healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipes
1) Blueberry Green Smoothie
1 celery stick
1 cup blueberries
500ml water or some ice
Blend and enjoy
2) Oatmeal with a twist (raw)
Note* I usually blend my oats for this recipe
¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
¼ cup berries i.e. blueberries or raspberries
About ¼ cup nut or rice milk to help blend the mixture.
- Blend the oats (optional) and add them in a bowl
- Blend the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture on the oats, mix thoroughly.
- Add more milk for a thinner consistency.
- Top with goji berries, banana slices, coconut flakes and strawberries.
3) Oat Cookies
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Ripe Banana with Black Dots
2 Tablespoons Goji Berries or Raisins
1 Tablespoon Cacao Nibs (Optional)
1 tablespoon cacao nibs (Optional)
- Mash the rolled oats, banana and goji berries together in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Take one tablespoon of the mixture in between your palms and then press down in the form of circles.
- Place them on parchment paper and bake for 10-15mins at 350 °F or 180° C.
- Allow them to cool for 10mins.
4) Milk Rice
1 cup brown rice
2 cups water
2 cups rice milk/oat/ almond
1 cup any berries
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons rice milk
- Boil the rice until it’s cooked and soggy
- In a pan add the berry sauce ingredients and lightly heat for about 4mins
- Pour the berry sauce over the milk rice and devour 🙂
5) Kefir coconut yogurt and fruit
This yogurt is dairy free and loaded with over 56 probiotic strains. It is a great way to increase the good bacteria in your gut and what’s more, it doesn’t cause allergic reactions caused by dairy products. You can get kefir grains online. Some people give them away for free because they multiply so rapidly. Never use hot water or cook kefir because it is a living food.
- 2 cups organic coconut milk – try to use one with a natural stabilizer i.e. guar gum (I use the brand “What On Earth” )
OR even better
- The meat of 2 young coconuts
- 1 table spoon kefir grains or
- ¼ teaspoon probiotic powder i.e. from a tablet
- Add the milk into a jar or blend the coconut meat in a blender until creamy. Add the coconut water to make the consistency ticker or more watery. Add the mixture into a jar.
- Add the kefir grains into the jar and mix with a spoon Or add the probiotic powder into the mixture.
- Cover the jar with a cloth and place in a dark spot for 18 hours or longer. The longer the grains are in the mixture the more sour the taste.
- Store the yogurt in the fridge when it reaches your desired taste.
- Pour the yogurt over sugar free granola and top with your favorite fruit.
6) Vegetable Juice
2 green apples (green apples are low glycaemic)
3 celery sticks
1 beet root
Prepare in a Juicer
- Put all the ingredients through a juicer.
7) Avocado sandwich
1 mashed avocado
brown bread or glutenfree bread
salt and red pepper to taste
a few slices of tomatoes
Spread the avocado on your bread along with the spices and tomato
8) Raw Fruits
Eat mono meals like six oranges, 4 mangoes, 1/2 water melon etc…
Fruits are a cleansing food and they are easy to digest so they are ideal for the first meal of the day. It’s best to eat more vegetables than fruits. Too much fruit creates hypoglycaemic problems due to the high natural sugar content.