How To Make 2017 Ridiculously Amazing Without Struggling
I love this time of year between Christmas and New Year.
It feels like a ‘bonus’ week to me.
It’s also a time when we question old habits and wholeheartedly embrace new ones. At least we try 🙂
Here’s some things I’ll be doing to make 2017 a ridiculously amazing year for me:
1. Journalling every day. A journal is not a dairy. A dairy is a place where you record events while a journal is a place where you analyze and evaluate them. Writing a journal will help you develop self awareness and can help improve your mental and physical health. It will make you become a clearer thinker and help you live in a more intentional and enlightened way.
2. Waking up at 6am every morning Monday – Friday to be more productive. Robin Sharma speak eloquently about this point in this video. Although he recommends 5am I am easing into the routine at 6am. There is something very special about the first few hours of the morning. Time seems to slow down and a deep peace fills the air. Acquiring at least one hour for yourself during the morning. If spent wisely, the rest of the day will follow in a wonderful way.
3. Starting my day like a Pro: 6am get up… then; 20 mins exercise; 20 mins meditation and focusing on all the good things in my life – showing gratefulness by saying ‘thank you’ for a few minutes; read a book from my wisdom literature. One rich with those timeless truths on successful living. Examples include 1) Mindfulness, finding peace in a frantic world; 2) The leader who had no title; 3) The power; 4) Life lessons from the monk who sold his Ferrari; 5) A new earth etc.
4. The Daily Five. I find that when I set myself 5 little goals to accomplish daily and I WRITE THEM DOWN I am more likely to do them. Small daily improvements overtime really do add up to stunning results (Robin Sharma).
5. Spending time in the kitchen making nourishing food and listening to my favorite music. I created the 14 Day Clean Vegan Challenge with a complete recipe book and meal plan if you are interested. It truly is an amazing challenge. Provided in the Program are over 70 well balanced and nutritious energy boosting meals and smoothies with detailed measurements and ingredients so you don’t have to guess. Click here to join the 14 Day Clean vegan challenge group .
6. Tithing 10% of my income towards a good cause. This is probably the most exciting thing that I have started doing. I decided about 3 months ago that I want to donate 10% of my income towards anything that I feel will touch someone in a positive way and make a difference in their life. I first got inspired when I watched a talk by Rick Warren. He is the author of ‘a purpose driven life, what on earth are we here for’. He has been tithing for more than 30 years and has touched the lives of many people. Some reasons why I started doing it: 1) when I give it makes me feel good and when I feel good I bring more good things into my life – the law of attraction; 2) whatever you want in this life you gotta give it first, so if you want more money and abundance to come to you in ways that blow your mind then the first step is to give; 3) I get excited every month about what to do with the money. I ask the universe to guide me and help me spend it in the most effective way. Some of the things I have done so far are buy pressies for my family members, help out a good friend of mine whose dad has cancer and can’t afford the full treatment and other random acts of kindness.
7. Continuing to move my body in yoga, jogging, ballet conditioning etc. When I got pregnant 5 months ago. I lay in bed one night feeling really guilty about eating way too much processed food and neglecting my exercise routine. It was from that moment that I wholeheartedly decided that I will stick to my exercise habits at least 4 days a week. Have I accomplished my goal so far? Yes, I have, and I am loving the results. Come wind, rain or shine I am out there in my zone doing what I need to do to accomplish my goals.
8. Eat my fear before it eats me. I am reading “The leader who had no title” by Robin Sharma at the moment. It is an amazing book and I highly recommend it. One of the powerful messages shared in the book is to ‘eat your fear before it eats you’. The majority of our society teaches us from infant age that to feel uncomfortable is wrong and most be avoided at all costs. And so we play small and stay small. We don’t venture much beyond our regular routines and activities where we feel safe and at home. As a result, we experience zero adventure. We fail to conquer new lands and we never reach our peak. When I look back at my life someday I want to know that I truly realized my original genius and confronted my largest fears and highest visions.
That might seem like a big list of ‘stuff’ or ‘work’ but to me it’s blissful.
Will I complete it all perfectly? Yes, definitely. I have already started doing most of the things on the list and my life is getting brighter and brighter as the days progress.
You may not have quite as much free reign as I do, but even just spending the first 30mins when you wake up feeling grateful and reading a self help book for a few minutes makes a huge difference.
And if any of your 2017 goals include eating more healthy plant based food to add some vibrance to your life and colour to your cheeks, you’ll definitely want to check out my 14 Day Clean Vegan Challenge starting JANUARY 2ND
We’d LOVE to have you along.
Sending lots of hugs and positive vibes your way!