What I Eat In a Day As a Vegan (School Days)
What I Eat in a Day
It’s another “what I eat in a day video” with lots of delicious recipes.
When I first discovered raw ice cream, I felt so happy that there was a healthy alternative to the sugar laden ice cream we have today.
It’s easiest to make it if you have a Vitamix but if you don’t, try using a strong standard blender or better yet, a food processor.
If you have a weak blender, allow the bananas to defrost for 5mins before blending. Make sure you peel the bananas & cut them before freezing. Add cacao powder and leave out the berries to make chocolate ice cream.
- 2 frozen bananas (make sure they are ripe)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries or strawberries
- Add the frozen bananas and berries in a food processor or vitamix blender. Do not blend for too long or it will become to runny. If you are using a standard blender add fresh berries so that the liquid can help blend the ice cream better.
- Serve with berries, nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, chia seeds or whatever rocks your boat.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Sauteed Vegetables
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 peeled sweet potato, sliced into wedges
- Sea salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Sprinkle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- As seen in the video cut the sweet potato into wedges.
- Sprinkle spices and a bit of extra virgin olive oil on the potatoes.
- Bake for 15 -20mins or until brown at 350°F (180°C).
- Choose any vegetables of your choice (i.e. onions, garlic, paprika, carrots, tomatoes, sweet corn etc)
- Dice the veggies
- Add a little water into a pan and add your veggies.
- Add spices (i.e. sea salt & pepper)
- Cook at a low eat for about 10mins
Serve with potato wedges
Cooked Quinoa and Salad
- Combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Quinoa holds lots of water, so you have to make sure you drain it thoroughly after it’s cooked
- Dice carrots, cucumber, red bell peppers, olives and asparagus and add into a bowl.
- Add some red lettuce
- Add cooked red beans (optional)
- Add cooked quinoa
- 1/2 mashed avocado
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt (i.e. Celtic) to taste
“3 ingredient Macaroon Recipe” click HERE