Raw Vegan Chocolate icecream
When I first discovered raw vegan ice cream, I felt so happy that there was a healthy alternative to the sugar laden ice cream we have today. It’s easiest to make it if you have a Vitamix but if you don’t, try using a strong standard blender or better yet, a food processor. If you have a weak blender, allow the bananas to defrost for 5mins before blending. Make sure you peel the bananas & cut them before freezing. I love this particular flavor because the of the chocolate and crunchiness of the chia seeds.
- 3 frozen bananas make sure they are ripe (with black spots)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add the frozen bananas and rest of the ingredients into your blender or food processor. Blend until pureed. Do not blend for too long or it will become warm and runny
- Top with berries, chia seeds, coco flakes etc.
For more inspiration: