Chia Berry Pudding (3 Ingredients)
Chia Berry Pudding
If you would like to see the texture or watch the recipe then please click on the video above. Recipe is at the beginning.
Chia pudding is an absolute favourite in my household. It is both delicious and nutritious. Chia seeds have one of the highest sources of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids in the ideal ratio of 3:1 which is important for correct function of the nervous system. They can also absorb high amounts of water, about 10 times their weight and are an excellent source of energy. I love spreading chia jam on my gluten free buckwheat bread, see recipe book “Eat for Beauty”. I also enjoy it with buckwheat granola or just on its own.
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries i.e. strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc.
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey
- To make the jam, add the berries and sweetener in a blender or food processor and blend for about 30 seconds. Add a little water to help blend if necessary.
- Mix the chia seeds and pureed berries together. You can add more for a thicker consistency and less chia for a thinner consistency.
- Let the chia seeds absorb the berry juice for about 7mins. Stir occasionally. Serve
*It can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.